Monday, February 1, 2010

It is my goal...

to find somebody to love these dogs.

I recently decided to try and make a video of including some of the images I have taken over the last several months.  Every week I do my best to visit my local Animal Control and volunteer as a photographer. The images I take are used on their Petfinder Website as well as being forwarded to various rescues and animal organizations.
It is such a small thing to volunteer, but it is my goal to raise as much awareness about these animals as possible.  The best way I know how is by photographing them.
Sadly, as I look through the files of my "Death Row Dogs",  I know that far too many of them left Animal Control through the back door -- instead of in the arms of a new, forever family.

So many animals die needlessly in shelters (one approximately every 8 seconds) because of needless breeding and above all: ignorance.
Please be a part of the solution.  Spay and neuter your pets, and remember:
Don't breed or buy while homeless pets die.

Click HERE to view the video.

-Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment