Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hank and Marla Take a Vacation

This past week Jake and I took the dogs to Arkansas for a visit to MawMaw and PawPaw's.  I have to say that the entire week was filled with 'Proud Mommy Moments'.  I was so nervous that the dogs were going to spaz out and be entirely out of control, but instead they were so well behaved and wonderful.  My grandparents just kept commenting on how well they minded. 

Here are a few (ok a ton) of photos of the dogs from the week.  

Hanging out in the yard.



Hank relaxing on the Balcony.



Watching deer:)


Snuggling with their Mamma after a long afternoon.


Going out on the Pontoon is my favorite thing to do in Arkansas.  We bought the dogs life vests, because we own the only two dogs on Earth that cannot swim.

Marla found that the best place to hang out in the water was on the raft.



Swimming out to Jake.

Hank did more splashing than swimming, but he made it around the boat!

Hank mostly enjoyed hanging out on the boat ride, but could have done without being forced to swim:)



They liked going down to the Cove behind the house, because they could wade in the water without having to actually swim.


I think his paws actually left the ground and he swam for a brief moment to get the stick.

But he grabbed it quickly and hauled himself back to safety!







Safely watching the festivities from her towel on the shore.



Marla is a Safety Girl in her life jacket far away from the water:)




Ok, I know there were a lot of photos, but they're just so cute.  I can't help myself. 
 
We almost didn't bring Hank, because he can't be kenneled due to extreme Separation Anxiety and is sometimes unpredictable when unattended [in new situations].  But, fortunately, we were able to take him almost everywhere with us, and he was a perfect gentleman when we left him.  
I am so glad that we didn't leave him behind, because he had a BLAST (except when we forced him to try and swim in the lake). 

I can't wait to go back again.  Arkansas is my happy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment