Saturday, June 20, 2009

Greetings from your friendly neighborhood dog-lady

Finding myself 7 months pregnant, and unable to continue the demanding rigors of foster parenting, I decided to start a blog on the one subject I am most passionate:
Dogs.
Most know me to be the girl who has little to add to the conversation until someone brings up animals - or until I find a way to somehow slip in some random and obscure fact about dogs that ends up leaving people wondering where the heck that came from... or more accurately, who IS that girl that turned our conversation from body building and personal bests to the horrors of Animal Control and the Pet Over-Population epidemic!?
I admit I can be one track minded, and seemingly entirely too involved in my pets' welfare and the welfare of all the dogs who have no one else to speak for them.
But, this is who I am.
I don't claim to have any professional animal experience.  I am not a veterinarian.  I will not pretend to be an animal behaviorist, trainer or expert in animal nutrition.  I am just an avid lover of pets and I am particularly passionate about animal rescue and the welfare of dogs.
I hope you find something useful in my ramblings and musings.  If I even give one person reason to adopt or encourage one family to step up a grade or two with their pet's nutrition, I will have done my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment